Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sailing




I feel myself sinking and rising, sinking and rising.

Like a little sail boat pushed out to sea, straining to angle herself against the wind.  

I get caught up in this crew of internal and external voices shouting above the wind, calling out orders, pulling and hoisting.  It is frantic... this movement inside and out.  Everything working toward a common goal.  A direction.  
A destination.

My breath always catches in that moment just before the sail is set and the mighty wind and this tiny vessel become one.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly chaos turns to peace and power. With a roaring rip like thunder, the sails expand, the course is set, and off she goes. 
This little boat is pointed, moving swiftly to her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment